The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

week 2

Soon will be going to my writer's workshop, week 2! I am very eager about it since last week sort of made me think in ways that I hadn't yet thought of with my writing. I wrote this character sketch yesterday that we have to share (I think) and now I'm rereading it and it looks lame. Ah, well. Think of it this way. Everything I write, there will be people who are worse and better.

Last night our neighborhood had a mini block party. It was a very international affair since most people who live on my street are associated with UWI. We had ice-cream and this British guy taught us how to play cricket. I wasn't too bad at it! Perhaps I'm more athletic than my teen years of gym class hell would have me believe. I also chatted with some Indian women about curry and learned a few Hindi words. Nice people! Also realized that if I want to get my driver's license here that I better do it soon because apparently it gets way harder after the three-month mark. eep.

Good Saturday morning, all!

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM , Blogger Lc said...

NICE BLOG.

Hello from Faial Island - Azores.

Come and meet our beautiful island in the middle of the Atlantic...

http://rotadashortencias.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home