The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Monday, March 03, 2008

hiya

Sorry, oops, it's been a few days.

Writing front: had a very intense brainstorming session. I was completely stuck on the next scene and didn't at all like what was there already, so I spent THREE HOURS just banging my head against the table trying to force my brain into the right path. Finally was rewarded in the last 45 minutes or so and although I didn't actually WRITE a word (aside from scribbled notes), I actually got a lot done ultimately.

I have a question for local peeps. I heard that in the US the clocks spring forward. Do we do daylight saving's time here? I have no clue...do we move the clocks forward or does it stay the same all year? /clueless

Weekend was nice: Saturday M had the last day of his conference and after he got home, Hayley came and we got pizza and limed at her place while her daughter and friends played with those evol bratz dolls and sprayed hoses at each other outside (and at the poor ice-cream man). Good times! :D I held more snakes, but these were babies, not nearly as impressive as that big ole boa constrictor! Yesterday I just relaxed and made some rolls (I'm getting WAY better...stupid Hi Lo for not having any baker's flour in a smaller bag than 10 kilo this morning).

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM , Blogger GirlBlue said...

Nope our time in constant, doesn't move at all, thank god cause i'm confused enough on a normal basis

hahah poor icecream man, I forgot about him.

 
At 3:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ah yes. The States. Where child labor - or the need for it - inspired the idea to move the clocks up in the spring so there would be more daylight early in the day - before school.

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

ooh, yay, I'm really glad! (er...not because of the child labor, just not having to mess with time changes, lol!)

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, that comment was wrong. It makes for more light at the END of the day, not the beginning. But the idea is the same. There would be more light at the end of the day and the kids would be able to help with Spring planting after school.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home