The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Caroni Bird Sanctuary and writer's workshops!

What a fulfilling and wonderful weekend! First, on Saturday I went to the first writer's workshop. I think I'm really going to love it. We have homework! :-) Heh. But anyway, I went away from it feeling utterly inspired...and turned upside down in a way. It made me really stop and think about a lot of things. But all throughout the writing workshop, I had this awesome feeling of wow, I belong here. These are my people, other writer folk. They understand.

Then today, Hayley and I went to the Caroni Bird Sanctuary. We were rewarded by an absolutely breathtaking view of the scarlet ibis. As you can see (and my photographs were mediocre at best), these are just jewels of birds. Their coloring looked almost florescent!



Here is part of the mangrove forest (with a blue heron if you squint).


Look carefully, you can see two snakes in the tree...

5 Comments:

At 12:20 PM , Blogger Coffeewallah said...

Hey, you made me almost feel like going to visit the Sanctuary, it's been a long time since I was last there. But alas, I'm still too hung up on the bug bites from the last time.

Meanwhile, I'm in deep envy as to your writer's workshop, I'd love to be able to do that!

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

coffee: ah, but we remembered to put our bug spray on, hee hee hee.

The workshop is great. I'm so glad Elspeth twisted my arm into signing up! :-)

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Coffeewallah said...

Bug spray, gotcha!

By the way, I'm starting to feel like Kevin Bacon's Six Degrees of Separation.. Trinidad is so small. What am I on about? I went to school with Elspeth!

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great stuff. Once again, pictures of places I would otherwise never get to see. This is why I love blogging.

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

coffee: Oh, wow, it IS a small world, isn't it? It seems like everyone knows everyone here ;-)

lceel: Blogging is great! It keeps us all so connected. ah, if only my photography skills were a little better...:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home