The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Moving through time...

I had just written a nice long post earlier...when Flow went out on me.

As I told Elspeth, I was pretty glad actually because it forced me to stay offline so I could get a big chunk of stuff done and it was pouring rain outside (hey, how come it's always raining whenever I make a post in here?) so I didn't feel guilty about not going anywhere or getting anything done.

But oh boy let me tell you what I did get done earlier this morning. I went to the bank to wire some money to my account in the US (to pay some irritating pesky old bills from my utilities there...strangely, they still seem to want their money :D) and stood in line for ONE HOUR AND A HALF. And of course it was the one day that I did NOT bring a little notebook with me in my purse. That is 1 1/2 hours I will never ever get back. :D What was most irksome is that I would think that the line was moving. Choirs of hope would sing in my heart...A customer would finish and walk away...But then the worker behind the desk would leave and not come back. And then there were some customers at one window that were there almost the entire time, whatever they were doing (opening bank accounts in every currency in the world?), they did not move from the time I was at the back of the line to the time I finished my business. It really ultimately didn't bother me (aside from a pain in my back from standing for so long) since I didn't have to be anywhere at a certain time, but still. Then I grabbed my daily bundle of food at Hi Lo and made my way home.

I made some rolls today -- came out really well! *pats self on back*

A few days ago, I went to attend the outstanding screening of Elspeth's documentary about children living with H.I.V. who get discriminated against. I also got to see the beautiful dream window. What a great group of people in attendance! I'd like to contribute in some way but I'm still contemplating exactly how...In the right time it will come to me.

Here's our sweet Stardust singing as she looks out the window.

4 Comments:

At 11:18 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Stardust is getting big! She looks sweet. Got to meet her. Our branch of RBTT is famous for long lines and tellers moving away from their desks.

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

yes you must meet Stardust! :-) She's such a sweetie (except that she chewed right through my headphones last night, lol!)

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your bird made me think of the parakeet we had when I was a child. I haven't thought about that crazy bird in years. Bird used to like to drink my Dad's beer. He'd get a bit blitzed and hang upside down on the drapes in the living room and chirp in a relatively baritone voice. Honest, Dad didn't get him drunk on purpose.

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

lceel: Hi! I'm just giggling hysterically at the idea of a drunk parakeet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home