The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday

Good morning!

Am attempting to make bread again. Kneading is no fun.

Last night was nice. I finally figured out how to download some t.v. shows that I wanted to catch up on (like Lost and Supernatural), and so I enjoyed watching those last night as well as starting up on my cross-stitching and knitting again (neither of which I had touched since I moved). Oh, the exciting life that I lead!

Writing is going well. My only complaint is that I need to find a time and place in which there are no distractions! I wish there was a cafe where I could go and plug my laptop in and work. Maybe I'll find out if there's somewhere on campus where I could work undisturbed and just make a schedule. But then I get nervous about walking to campus with my laptop and possibly getting rained or poured on on the way back. (I know, then duh, don't walk home then or duh, bring an umbrella) But of course that would be too logical. *laughs*

Good morning, all!

And by the way, who knew that string could be so fascinating for a little bird? Stardust has been entertained for hours, scaring herself and playing and biting at this piece of strong that had been tied around some post that I received.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM , Blogger Elspeth said...

There's always PAX guesthouse up at the Mount. Very quiet, good for writing. Take the bus from bottom of St John Rd and go up for the day.

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

You know....that is an excellent idea! Can I just show up or do I need to make an appointment to be there during the day?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home