The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

creativity and all..

I'm scared. Trying to get the courage to go deal with my driver's license. If I don't do it before April 10, it could be more of a pain. I've heard it's a frightening place, just like the driver's license places in the States. *shudders*

In other news, my writing is going VERY well. I am officially immersed. Once I get the first few chapters finished, I will talk more about it and the changes things have gone through over the years. Elspeth, maybe we should get together some time this week (if you have time) to read/talk through what we have before Saturday! :-)

I discovered a very tiny used book store yesterday! Okay, it's tiny and about 50 of them could fit into Chamblain's (the used book store in Jax that was so awesome that words cannot describe -- a book lover's heaven). But still -- books! Mostly fiction books! Plus my mom has sent me two big boxes of my things and it's going to be exciting because I can't remember the specifics that were in them!

4 Comments:

At 12:38 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Why don't you go to UWI bookstore? They also have fictional books. You may even find books for your research. Re Driver's Licence, you might as well dive in and do it before time goes. It may just be frustrating more than anything else. Look at it as an opportunity to do more 'research'. Re getting together to discuss ... let's put it this way - after being consumed the other day I have not had time to touch Lily since! Will call or e-mail you later.

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Living in the island paradise will have its drawbacks - apparently, good bookstores (or the lack thereof) is one of them. Maybe we could get a book drive started for you - have a bunch of people donate used books and collect them all somewhere and then ship them, en masse, to you. What do you think?

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

E: Oh yes! You're right! UWI bookstore is very close! ack, I'm sorry you haven't had time for more Lily!

Iceel: I say that is the sweetest thing ever! Well, part of the issue isn't so much that bookstores don't exist, it's that I can't easily and regularly get to them. That is a very sweet thought, though! Also, I have a box of my own books that's on its way now! Whee!

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home