The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

back...

I'm eager to post again so that my latest post won't be such a bummer. It's difficult to get the images out of my head from the shooting at NIU. I wanted to stop watching the media coverage of it, but I couldn't turn away, especially when I saw the familiar setting. M taught all of his classes in that building, it turns out, when we were there. One girl who survived the shooting (who was in that class) told how it started in such a chilling manner, how one minute she was taking notes, and she looked up and he was just there on the stage, no noise, no words, no nothing. AND of course the shooter came from my hometown of Champaign. Creepy.

Well, today I finally got back to writing and am doing a pretty good job of it. I did take a long "thinkie" walk on campus this morning, and good thing because I couldn't stop eating this chocolate cake that I mistakenly bought (thinking that I'd er...have the willpower to only have a few bites here and there, hahahaha). Apparently I needed comfort food yesterday and downed about half of it. Well, I justify it this way. It was a Valentine's Day cake, right? Valentine's Day = love. Are you with me so far? Cake = love. One can never have too much love, right? *nods* Yep, I thought so.

3 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger GirlBlue said...

hehe sounds like a good argument to me. Lindsay finished those cookies you gave her in two days, the greedy little piggie lol

 
At 4:11 AM , Blogger Elspeth said...

True. Can never have too much Love. And it often comes in the form of chocolate.

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

GB: I'll probably have the urge to make more later this week! (esp. since Elspeth never got any, lol!)

E: Chocolate proves that the universe loves me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home