The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

*waves*

Hi!

Still here. Not feeling very bloggy!

Lots of writing, lots of reading, lots of going about on a day to day basis. I'm sort of boring myself so I wonder what I might start talking about that isn't just "Hey, I did some writing today."

Places I went today:

1. UWI bookstore
2. pet store to pick up some cockatiel food because they were out of it at Hi Lo. Poor Stardust!
3. Used book store. There will be a sale next week on all books there! Whee! Picked up 3 junky suspense-romance books. Reason? Yes, they're a guilty pleasure but also they do a fine job at teaching the art of story crafting (transitions, story arc, etc.). As I was discussing with Elspeth yesterday, even if a book sucks, you have to have some admiration for the author. Writing is darned hard work. The fact that they finished a story from A to Z, went through the arduous publishing process, and got it out there? Two thumbs up to them.
4. Hi Lo. Yay, food!

Hi, all! Sorry, Hayley, no insects yet! My house is shockingly free from them!

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM , Blogger GirlBlue said...

Hayley is terribly disappointed about your shocking lack of insects.

Hayley is also chuckling at your trying to justify your cheesy romance novel fix.

Hayley shall stop referring to herself in the third person now.

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

*snicker laugh*

I will proudly admit to reading cheesy SUSPENSE-romance novels, lol! There has to be the "damsel-in-distress-because-a-serial-killer-is-on-the-loose" factor or other danger! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home