The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

One can only laugh...

Brain fried.

Elspeth came by and she kindly went with me to the post office so I could pick up my boxes. I had my passport, M's passport, a note from M authorizing me to pick up the boxes (since they were in his name). I got inside and I could even SEE my boxes just waiting for me.

And then the lady said that the postal employee wasn't there today and wouldn't be there today at all. It was so anti-climactic. We merely had to turn around and leave. And still my boxes are so close and yet so far away. I'm so being taught a lesson in patience, me thinks. *weeps*

But then we went on to Mount St. Benedict and sat outside on the veranda in front of the art gallery where you could see forever, including the distant sea. We brainstormed and worked out of an exercise book. We tried to write our "three sentence pitch". The premise being that what if we ended up in an elevator with (the example says Steven Spielberg because the exercises come from something for screenwriters, but I changed that to Stephen King's editor or something, lol) that we would have this three sentence pitch that could intrigue someone into looking at your book further. So yeah, we worked on that nearly all day (those three sentences were HARD and they're still not quite right!) But what it also does is keep your focus. This is what your book is truly about, the heart of it. But it's hard not to make it sound cheesy or boring, too.

So now I'm home just now and my brain is fried. And I overslept this morning and didn't go running.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home