The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Saga continues...

So I always like to think outside the box (pardon the pun in this case) and I was darned impatient to get to that box or boxes...and so I thought hey, I could take my rolling carry-on bag and then strap the box to it and roll it home that way. I'd look like a dork, but there are worse things...hee. Well, I got there and the lady handed me a tiny package (chocolate! yay! Thanks, mom if you're reading this) and a registered letter. huh? That was all? Rather anti-climactic. Well, I put the suitcase to good use in that I went to Hi Lo and bought more groceries than I normally would and packed them inside the bag and had a nice smooth walk home (dripping with sweat - is hot today!)

I opened the registered mail to find -- a notice from the post office that my two boxes were waiting for me at SAME post office. HUH? So the fact that I was picking several things up in the same name was not enough of a hint to realize that I was the same person?

Now, if I had been smart, I would have opened the registered mail right there and at least been able to take one box home...

My books -- only five minutes away...my WRITING books...

5 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So near ... yet so far.

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

I think you need to set up camp in that PO.

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger GirlBlue said...

Sorry I've been out of touch love, I've been a bit preoccupied to say it nicely. I would have taken you had I had the chance.

 
At 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

Iceel: Indeed....*gasps*

E: hee hee. As if that would bring me any closer to my goal...something would no doubt thwart me.

GB: *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home