The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Knocking, knocking

Word for today:

Jugular

M is away in Toco for a retreat. Predictably, he's not terribly happy about having his routine disrupted. I am blissfully happy about getting the house and television and internetz to myself. Although I sure didn't realize how high-maintenance Stardust is with only ONE person to pay constant attention to her. Spoiled brat of a bird! Well, I sipped some wine and watched The Stand on sci fi channel last night (which really is a wretched mini-series...Stephen King does not translate well to film hardly ever). I was going to put an announcement on my blog to take advantage of empty house to ask if local people wanted to stop by for a lime yesterday -- but Flow was out a good deal of the day for me both Saturday and Sunday! Ah, well.

My writing muse has done something incredible. Um...I can't talk about it, I really can't, because well, talking up a project = death of project all too often, but wow. When the muse comes knocking at the door, she does break down the door. *looks mysterious*

7 Comments:

At 8:15 AM , Blogger GirlBlue said...

Stardust is a spoilt little monster indeed lol.

I'm sure you could tell just one person or maybe have that one (wonderful) person read what the muse has been up to. I (the wonderful) would now mind at all honest.

Oh btw email me the name of that LJ group you were telling me about on Saturday please

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

hee. Just emailed you!

Finally Stardust has gone to entertain herself with watching keskidees outside.

I maybe SHALL talk about it a bit...when it's had time to form a little more!

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Open the door and let her in ... at the risk of having her scare Miss Stardust.

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

I'm now seeing the word 'jugular' ... almost hiding out at the top ;)

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

E: The door FLEW open, much like in your story....:-)

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I understand the thing with the Muse. Do whatever you need to do to keep her at your service. For she is SO elusive. And her presence is often so fleeting. If you've got her - keep her as long as you can - we understand.

 
At 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home