The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

grrr

grr!

Okay so this is a tiny blip of an annoyance in the big scheme of the universe but...either taxi fares went up way way a lot in the last two months or I'm missing something obvious.

$70(TT) to go from Curepe post office to where I live? A five-minute drive? It was only $50(TT) to go to Trincity mall a few months ago, which was a far more elaborate affair involving sitting in lots of heavy traffic for nearly 30 minutes.

So I'm going to wait until the second box gets here at least and then cough it up, I guess. Small price for not having a car. It's just annoying because it's only a 20 minute walk, and a nice walk at that, a nice walk that passes by a used book store.

I am in a surly mood today. I think I need to go torture my characters or something.
*watches them shrink in terror*

5 Comments:

At 11:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I would be surprised if fares had NOT gone up. Fuels of all sorts are way up and going higher.

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Girl, like everything is going up - but that is madness. If your box isn't too large and can fit in my car let me know next time and I'll help you collect it.

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

Iceel: It's so frustrating!

E: That is so sweet of you to offer! It should fit in the backseat of a car...I would treat you for lunch or something (considering I will have saved $70! :))!

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

I'm wondering which taxi you hired. Maybe the person was a scamp, heard your accent and figured you (a) didn't know better or (b) could afford it or (c) both. It's a wonder you didn't get charged in U$

 
At 7:16 AM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

E: I have no idea! I called Phone-a-taxi but didn't use them this time. (Box still at post office...was waiting to see if the second one will get there...reminds me, I need to check my mailbox to see if another yellow slip is there, lol). I just called to get a price and you know me and my hybrid voice, lol, so not sure which accent they would detect or not. We've used them before and didn't have an issue (the two times we went to the Trincity mall)...weird!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home