The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Today



For the most part, I absolutely fail at domestic. Seriously. I need to be so independently wealthy that an army of servants are always at hand to do the crap that my princess hands don't want to touch. Still, I'm almost done with a thorough spring cleaning of the first floor. I'm taking breaks in between each section to go upstairs and get some writing done.

I'm done with what I have to turn in on Saturday.

Now I'm at the cool stage of daydreaming about the next part. Also what's cool is that I've kept many of the same characters, themes, premises, plot points, etc. from previous versions. Those of you who have hard copies of previous versions...ah, well. They'll be worth millions one day! :D

All I can say is that being here, living here, being a part of a marvelous workshop full of talented Caribbean writers...it has made things so much different, so much more raw...and I have to write THAT story now.

Dr. Nunez's workshops have pretty good odds. In a previous workshop, out of 17 students, 4 got successfully published. What can I say? She wants us to have a draft that we can talk to an editor about by the end of the year. I think it's very possible.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Keep up the good work. I hope you do get something published. It's cool. There is nothing like seeing your name in print.

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger GirlBlue said...

I see sand glass :D

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

Iceel: Thank you! And after all that, I hardly got any work done today. :-)

GB: ahaha. Shhh! They're supposed to be jewels! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home