The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Friday, January 25, 2008

I have internet!

oh happy day happy day, Flow came today. We now have internet and television (er...or we would have television when the television that we bought yesterday arrives by delivery today at some point...in theory). This means that I am getting nothing done on my writing list for today because I'm too busy reveling in the internet and starting to go through the mountain of emails that I need to get to answering.

Tomorrow I'm going with Trinigirlblue and her daughter to Port of Spain for sushi and to walk around.

Yesterday Elspeth and I ran around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get this application turned in so that we can be a part of a writing workshop here.
It turns out that we have to be evaluated and accepted to "get in" so I'm crossing my fingers. It really sounds like a good course. We stopped and got food at a Caribbean restaurant in a mall. I had callalloo, which is sort of like spinich and coconut and other spices mixed. I liked it, but it's not my favorite thing to eat, I think. Anyway, between riding in the heat in the car and walking around a bit yesterday and going to the mall in a cab in heavy heavy traffic to buy this television and all and spending WAY too much time there, I was completely wiped out by 8 last night and couldn't even hold my eyes open to read.

AND we have a new baby...



Welcome Stardust, so named because of the dots all over that look like a galaxy! She's only a few months old, so just a baby. She's very tame and sweet. Her favorite activity? Chewing on books...

4 Comments:

At 1:17 PM , Blogger GirlBlue said...

Awwww she's too adorable and a book lover :)

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Stardust is cute! She looks happy to be free of the pet shop. Enjoy your Flow. No more internet cafes.

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Sivan said...

great, sounds like things are really coming together!
and aww, you guys got a new birdie! but what about tico??!
have fun in the city tomorrow.

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

Girlblue: She is so quiet and sweet -- will just cuddle with us all day. :-) Can't wait to meet you!

Elspeth: She has finally realized that she doesn't have to push just to have her own space! :-) And she gets her people ALL to herself...

Sivan: I feel MUCH more settled now, with internet at home. Life is as it should be...lol! Tico couldn't come. It just wasn't able to happen. She's living with a friend of Amy's fiance right now...Poor, sweet Tico would get along so well with little Stardust, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home