The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Monday, January 21, 2008

whee, hello

Sorry for my silence. It's really hard not having internet at home. I'm really twitching for it and then when I come here to the cafe, I only have limited time.

I'm trying to do my hunting and gathering for the day before the heat of the day, but not so much. It seems warmer today than yesterday.

I've finally gotten my writing schedule underway. Because I make myself get up EARLY (five:thirtyish) to get to the university and walk before it gets too hot, I am home and sitting with my coffee by seven. That gives me a lot of time to get in some good writing before anything else has to happen. So I got a lot done today and I'm proud. I made myself push through things that normally would make me balk or distract myself with other things. But no fooling around, yes? My biggest fantasy forever has been to live on a tropical island and get to write. Well, guess what. I'm here. And it's now.

I made a really good curry last night. I don't think I'll ever get tired of how potent and delicious the spices here make things.

Also, I just want to say that from now on, if you comment and I can answer, I'll do so by writing another comment under yours...:-) I like the give and take of conversation here , and I WILL get caught up on that when I have my own internet access at home.

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM , Blogger GirlBlue said...

Well here's hoping Flow hooks you up soon.

Savannahs are so well lit now that I see people finishing up their walks and getting ready to head back home in the wee hours of the morning when I'm leaving home to head out to work around 5.20. I always envy that freedom

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Maybe that book (Ask and it is Given) had a part to play in your living and writing on the tropical island.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home