The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Rain

Yesterday it rained hard a few times. Okay, so it's supposed to be the dry season, and the rainfalls were brief. But I loved the sound of the rain just pounding on our roof for those few minutes.


Yesterday I walked a LOT. My legs throbbed from it, but this is good since when I"m at home, I'm often just at the computer not moving at all. The road that goes up to where I live is on a slight incline and I'm really feeling that in my legs now.

I'm debating whether to take up running again. Part of me says naww...I really don't need to, between the running up and down our huge staircase here at home and all the walking I'm doing, I should be getting plenty of exercise. The other part of me thinks that it would allow me to eat all this new and exciting food without worrying about it. Then again, the fruit and vegetables are so good here that I find myself eating a lot of healthy stuff anyway.

Yesterday I found the big market, a huge spread of fruits and veggies, much like the farmer's market back home. For you Jacksonville peeps, pretty similar to that farmer's market near to downtown, er, I forgot the street name even though I used to drive it every other day or so to go to one of my daycare centers...Actually Elspeth had suggested I try it since it's cheaper than HiLo (our local grocery store that is thankfully a five minute walk from my house). So I got mini bananas, cucumbers, a few other items. That will be a near daily thing for me, I think. In general, the food just tastes so much better here. The spices are more potent, the veggies and fruits taste real, things are overly sweetened or chemicaled (unless you get processed food).

Ack, I'm without regular internet again. Six more days until Flow comes to fix me up with cable internet.

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Flow came and fixed me up a few hours ago. Going good.

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Andreamuse said...

oh yay! I'm going to feel so "rich" when I have my own internet again! (I'm in major withdrawal and am at the Net cafe again to get my "fix") :-)

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Funny that you mentioned that book (Ask/Receive) ...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home