The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Less than a week....

In less than a week, we will be embarking on the adventure of a lifetime, heading for the island of Trinidad to live for three years, maybe even more. My husband will be teaching at the University of West Indies. So my profile is technically inaccurate in that it says I'm already there, but I am just making sure I know how to set this up and get it started before I arrive.

Today was my last day at work (*waves to Brightstart! crowd*), and never have I worked with a more fun, lovely group of people. I will miss them and the work that I did there.

We are still facing glitch after glitch in getting the birds to Trinidad. I am researching all kinds of options as far as pet shipping services, and hopefully something will pan out! My good friend Amy here in Jacksonville has offered to help as far as taking them to the airport at a later date and just knowing that is very nice.


Things I will miss about Jacksonville, FL:

1. My beautiful neighborhood by the river with its bohemian flavor and big trees dripping with Spanish moss
2. My good friends, especially Amy with whom I have spent many lovely evenings sipping wine, having dinner, and watching various movies, television shows, etc.
3. Restaurants (Casbah, Cool Moose, Sushi Cafe, to name a few)
4. My job and coworkers
5. Being in the same country as my friends and family.

Things I won't miss about Jacksonville, FL:

1. too big and spread out for me
2. absolute need for a car
3. weird upstairs neighbor
4. Messed up educational system
5. too conservative
6. expensive

Later!

1 Comments:

At 7:13 AM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Yes, this will be an adventure for sure. You will find new things to love (or not love, as the case may be) ... but I'm sure in all it will be an interesting and exciting transition. A welcome ahead of time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home