The Isle of Gems

Musings and observations about life, previously on the island of Trinidad, now as a nomadic traveler.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

:)

Feel like I should say something in here. Will be leaving in 2 days. Am very excited. Am also sad.

My writing has not been happening, but I think it's not because I'm not inspired. Now I have a whole crapload of material, haha. But it's simply that I don't want to. It's not even that I don't want to, not really. It's that I won't. And I think that's purposeful. That is, I think there's a reason why I'm not writing and that when I start, it will be exactly what I'm meant to be writing. And with the right passion. And less confusion.

I might start writing in a notebook instead of my laptop to get past my block. Sometimes that works because it gives me permission to write absolute crap for awhile. *grins*

Yikes, I've lost about 7 pounds since this thing happened in Tobago! (Which was actually okay because I'd put on about that much since last summer).

2 Comments:

At 2:24 PM , Blogger K.C. said...

I have heard that when you don't feel like writing, then that is exactly what you are supposed to do. I guess you have to. That is why you were writing, huh? I think that it clears our heads. Because sooner or later, something will come out, and AHA!

You are so right--Happiness is our business. That is why we are here. And guess how I figured that out...writing... (it was in my own private notebook though :)

Have a great one! KC

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sweetheart, that's just like me and painting. And drawing. I could draw every minute of every day - but i won't. Not until something just breaks down the door and says "DO ME NOW!!!". And that takes a while.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home